Yesterday I attended a brunch and church and went to a play with girlfriends; today I had a rehearsal; tomorrow I have a church meeting; Wednesday I have breakfast with my stepfather, a phone meeting, another committee meeting, and a choir; Thursday I have a client meeting and another training session; Friday I teach my class.
So this is once again a trying and stressful week — or an opportunity to challenge my old habits of introversion and replace them with new habits of bold networking and community involvement. Depends how you look at it.
I’m also working on polishing up my Rich Habits. I keep looking for the definitive list of the 200+ habits Corley identified, but I guess he’s planning on writing more books. Here’s another list I found:
- 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% for poor.
- 79% of wealthy network 5 hours or more each month vs. 16% for poor.
- 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
- 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs 2% for poor.
- 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically 4 days a week. 23% of poor do this.
- 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% for poor.
- 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% for poor
- 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% for poor.
I’m all green on this list. I’m also green on my fitness habits list.
Here are the ten basic promises to oneself Corley provides:
- I WILL form good daily habits and follow these good daily habits each and every day.
- I WILL set goals for each day, for each month, for each year and for the long-term; I WILL focus on my goals each and every day.
- I WILL engage in self-improvement each and every day.
- I WILL devote part of each and every day in caring for my health.
- I WILL devote part of each and every day to forming lifelong relationships.
- I WILL live each and every day in a state of moderation
- I WILL accomplish my daily tasks each and every day; I will adopt a “DO IT NOW” mindset.
- I WILL engage in rich thinking each and every day.
- I will save 10% of my gross income every paycheck.
- I WILL control my thoughts and emotions each and every day.