Almost two weeks after my bold pronouncement, I’ve made no progress, either in improving my habits or in weight loss.
Here are the things that have interfered with my plans:
- I’ve been sick. I’m having one last day of rest in hopes of getting completely recovered before WordCamp and my vacation.
- We had a holiday, which involved desserts and family fun and meals together and more desserts.
- My husband was off for a week, meaning that he was always around and I didn’t feel free to exercise in my usual way and my usual time. My illness is my excuse for not having made the effort to find alternatives.
- Feeling sick (and still working) and sorry for myself led me to choose comfort foods, including pizza and pasta and chocolate.
- I also had low steps — under 2,000 one day and interrupted sleep.
So those are my excuses. Or possibly actual reasons for my failure rather than excuses.
So I’ll try again.
- No-decision breakfast is protein waffles and fruit, optional smoothie, tea
- No-decision lunch is salmon and salad
- Mindful dinner, trying new recipes, lots of veggies, daring flavors… no simple carbs
- Snacks, if needed, are vegetables, fruits, nuts, occasional dark chocolate
- 3,000+ steps in Wii Fit, no excuses, every morning at 6:00 a.m.
- a second effort most days: DB365, weights, riding desk, hike