It’s Foyer Week on the Holiday Grand Plan. We must clean our entryways (for me, that includes the coat closet) and do these holiday chores:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies and put it in the freezer.
- Make one extra meal for freezer labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking – make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
- Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area.
- Buy film, camera batteries, blank videotapes. Hide them; write yourself a note
I’m planning to clean out the freezer and to make chili — some for us to eat, some for #1 daughter’s freezer, and some for the HOLIDAY MEAL. I’ll bake muffins for #1 daughter, too. I plan to do that this morning before I go up there to visit her, in fact. I may also make ginger cookies for the freezer.
I have three meetings this week, though, so there is a limit to what I can accomplish this week.
At least I don’t have to buy film.
Actually, the big job for me this week is settling on the gifts I’m going to make and getting the materials into ziplock bags. I’m thinking about scarves, slippers, and duffle bags. Last year I think I did mostly hats. Unfortunately, I don’t remember. I should have made notes.