It’s Foyer Week in the HGP. We clean the foyer, put another meal in the freezer, and bake the first batch of holiday goodies to freeze. We buy two extra canned goods and start Holiday and Charity boxes.
This is also the week to buy craft supplies, make our final decisions about handmade gifts, and pack them up ready to work on.
As for the SWAP sewing weekend, I had some errands and a concert and a meeting to attend, but I managed to complete two pairs of pants, three tops, and half a jacket. Pretty successful. I hope to finish the jacket over the course of the week.
I’m also continuing with the Fit Life Challenge, though I haven’t been doing very well so far. Here are the habits I should have been establishing:
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. Yep.
- Don’t drink your calories. Yep.
- Eat protein at every meal. Yep.
- Slash refined flours and grains. The holiday messed with this, but I’m getting back on track.
- Eat 30-50 grams of fiber a day. Yep.
- Eat apples and berries every day. Yep.
- No carbs after lunch. I’m going to focus on this one in the upcoming week..
- Learn to read food labels. Yep.
- Perfect portion size. Yep.
- No added sweeteners. I’m still eating sweets.
- No white potatoes. I’ve done this.
- One meatless day each week. My meal rule says a piece of meat in the middle of the plate, surrounded by vegetables. It’s generally fish or chicken, but I’m not going to switch to tofu.
- Get rid of fast foods and fried foods. Done.
- Eat a real breakfast. I already do this one.
- Eat at least 10 meals a week at home. I already am committed to home cooking and rarely have more than one or two meals out each week.
- Banish high-salt foods. I don’t use salt and eat few prepared foods. This should be easy.
- Eat your vegetables. I’ve got this one.
- Go to bed hungry. I’m still spotty on this one.
- Sleep right. I’m doing my best on this.
- Plan one splurge meal a week. Sunday lunch?
I need to do some problem solving to get my exercise in with my husband hanging about the house being unemployed, and we I some additional work to fit in this week, so I expect to be busy. I have to go with said husband to an appointment at the Work Center, and there’s also a WP Meetup. Busy, indeed.