It’s Garage Week at the HGP, but I will be tacking the guest room/ craft room, which is actually horrible right now.
I mean horrible.
I’ve just been sticking things in there for months. The image above shows wired ribbon which I will probably use for wrapping Christmas gifts, but it symbolizes the chaos that is currently taking over my guest room.
“Common sense tells us that that order is to be valued higher than disorder, that there are degrees of order, and that we are able to rise to a higher level of order , somewhat in the way one scales a mountain, by facing up to the challenge, by measuring up to it.” –Brother David Steindl-Rast
I may spend some hours in there today, or I may go help #1 daughter with her pantry and laundry room. I have a Zoom meeting this afternoon, plus Zoom Sunday school and virtual church. But I will definitely get started on that challenge.
For holiday prep, are have these tasks:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Review and revise menus and other plans.
- Plan table setting.
- Plan centerpiece, make as much as possible now (or order it from florist).
- Reserve any items needed to be borrowed or rented.
- Get everyone’s holiday clothes purchased/cleaned/pressed.
Thanksgiving will probably be a smaller group, and we will follow the CDC recommendation to use disposable dishes, so the table setting will be different this year. I will need to give that some thought.