It’s Guest Room Week on the Holiday Grand Plan, and that’s a good thing, since #2 daughter and her dog will be arriving tomorrow.
My guest room is also my sewing room, and I actually have some big plans for it. This may not be the week to work on those plans, since it will be occupied.
We also have a holiday prep list. Things for the freezer, which I haven’t kept up with. Canned goods? I scarcely use them — I think I’ve bought all the cans I’m likely to use this year. I haven’t begun wrapping gifts, either. Maybe this week I’ll make some progress there.
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Decorate for Halloween.
I do want to decorate for Halloween, and I have been making some progress with handmade gifts.
I’m a skein and a half in on the Lucinda Guy Dougie Dog scarf in KnitPicks Swish DK yarn. It looks likely that I’ll run out of the blue before I finish the scarf, and certain that I won’t have enough for the matching hat. Obviously, I need to order some more.
This is my first try with Swish. It’s warm and cozy, with good stitch definition. Not as even as I usually knit, but that’s probably my fault. It’s machine washable, which seems important for kids.
I’ve got church, work, and a meeting today, so I probably won’t finish the skein, but perhaps I’ll get the Knitpicks order together.