I wanted to begin the year by sleeping late. In fact, the cat woke me around 2:00 and then my husband’s alarm clock went off at 6:30, which is late for me, but not late enough to count as late. It is still dark out, and I have spent the past week breaking the Wake Up Project Rules as thoroughly as can be imagined, so I don’t feel well.
I began my contemplative personal New Year process last night and will continue with it this morning, and I suppose that feeling a little bit sleep deprived and simple-carb-hungover will help.
My word of the year is “clean.” Here are some things I’m associating with that word:
- clean eating
- a clean and orderly home
- Psalm 51:10 KJV – “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
- good systems at work
- no messy relationships
I suppose I will have to do some work, but I plan to take most of the day off. I’ll continue my contemplation, fill out my workbook, play with the new embroidery machine, clean the house a bit, knit, read…
Here are my goals for the year:
- Lose 10% of my current body weight.
- Wake up feeling good each day.
- Take two real vacations.
- Develop learning materials for linkbuilding and blogging for the website.
- Develop two new products.
- Add three full-service clients.
- Sell and build ten websites.
- Streamline systems at work and home, taking advantage of what I’ve learned about habits.
- Knit three sweaters.
- Complete two quilts.
- Learn machine embroidery.
- Complete one SWAP.
- Provide good leadership for the Worship and Music committee.
- Keep the sabbath.
I don’t usually share my goals here; it often seems like too much sharing or maybe like too much committing. I hope that I will achieve most of these goals, but I also hope that they are not so wimpy that I’ll be able to cross them all off by July.