The living room is not finished after Living Room Week. I also have one more garment that needs hemming from DYW Fall 2021. I completed two pairs of pants, two tops, and a jacket from my planned collection, and once I finish the last top I will have six pieces sewn I also finished the second sleeve of Chimera. I need to sew the pieces together and do the bands, and then it can take its place in my Fall Collection.
It’s Foyer Week, and I guess I will move on to that. I don’t really have a foyer, just a small entrance. But it includes a coat closet that is in a Fibber McGee state. Also, there is a mess of hats and dog leashes that needs taming.
This is also the week to plan all handmade gifts and buy the materials for them. I’m not sure I need to buy any materials this year. I’m planning to make spa gift sets for everyone, plus at least one sweater.
If the sweater gets finished with time to spare, I might knit more, but it is a very complicated sweater.
From the HGP:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking – make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
- Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area.
So I might not need to buy more materials, but I still need to package them all up as described to avoid any last-minute searching.