It’s Foyer Week at the HGP, and that means it’s time to buy the materials for homemade gifts.You get them all ready and put them into a Zip-lock bag with their directions, so it’s easy to pick them up and get to work whenever you have a little time.
So, since I didn’t get around to it when I should have, it’s now time to decide what to make for Christmas.
- 6 free felted projects, including a beautiful Celtic-patterned tote and simple, cozy knit slippers
- Nicely shaped felted slippers
- Beautiful shawl collared cardigan for women
- Lovely colorwork mittens
- Matching socks
- Braided scarf
- Free bag sewing pattern
- Elegant clutch
I guess I’m leaning toward knitting, with a second idea of making bags for my girls.
Here’s the rest of the stuff to do this week, along with cleaning your foyer thoroughly:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking – make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
- Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area.
I guess I need to settle the menus for the meals so I can get the extra food items.