The master bath is clean and organized, though I still need to change out the handles on the drawers and the cabinets.
This week it’s Kids’ Rooms on the Holiday Grand Plan, but I have no kids’ rooms. I will therefore work this week on the office, which used to be the boys’ room.
I have placed a Before photo of the office at the top of this post, where it will be a matter of shame.
My office is a mess. I haven’t been working in there during the pandemic, but have used it as a storage room.
I think it will be good from to get back in there for work. It will separate work from non-work times.
I slept in this morning and yesterday. I slept till 7:30 yesterday and 7:50 today. On the one hand, I think I do need more sleep right now.On the other hand, I know that sleeping in is bad sleep hygeine. Sleeping late makes us more likely to have trouble getting to sleep the next night.
Maybe working in my office, once it has become again a peaceful and orderly space, might help punctuate the day better and improve my sleep.
The Holiday Grand Plan also calls on us to take these steps:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Check smoke detectors and clean them, change batteries if needed.
- Make “goody basket” for guest bath, from samples found in abundance in stores right now.
I believe that I have finished the children’s and men’s gift shopping. I’ve done my non-perishable shopping, too, hoping that we’ll see our kids for Christmas if not for Thanksgiving.
I’m making good progress, however uncertain the times.