It’s Kitchen Week on the Holiday Grand Plan. Truth to tell, I basically skipped Guest Room week as well as Kids Room week. I have no kids, but I usually do the office that week and the sewing room, which is also a guest room, during Guest Room week.
I must not skimp on Kitchen Week, though.
However, there is an urgent clean up that must be done first.
I’ve been keeping the argyle beast in a basket under my coffee table. However, now that the Baby can go everywhere fast, she wants to get into the basket. We are constantly getting scissors or knitting needles or yarn away from her.
So I must get the current project(s) into the knitting bag and move the basket elsewhere
As the photo above shows, both the basket and the bag are full of half-finished stuff, tangled yarn, and unsorted tools.
I sorted everything and put the argyle in the knitting bag. The argyle has the front and the back and six balls of yarn, plus the needle it’s on and the needle for the ribbing at neckline and armscye.
I’ve got the pattern book and a notebook in the middle, and all the tools on the other side.
I have a little matinee coat I worked on in Paris last year before the Baby was born. I think it could be a close-fitting sweater if I get it finished pretty soon.
There’s also the strawberry dress. I had a couple of other old projects I just ripped out and put away with the extra balls of yarn. There are a couple of WIPs in the bottom of the basket, and I’ll just leave them there and move the basket to the crafts room.
Here’s the list for the week on the HGP:
Cleaning/Organizing Area: Kitchen
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. I’ve got chili, chili dogs, King Ranch Chicken, and spaghetti sauce with meatballs in the freezer. I might do a beef stew this week.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive). I don’t think there are any other canned goods I could possibly use.
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes. I bought gifts for the Little Girl and the Little Boy. The children are all settled now.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them. I should get going on the wrapping!
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts. I’ve been doing well on this, and must continue.
Checkpoint Week! Evaluate Your Progress:
- If unable to find an item for a person on list contact them or their family for ideas. Gifts are going well.
- If a homemade gift is not going well, set it aside for after Christmas and decide on another gift. Gifts, as mentioned above, are going well.
- Buy pumpkin for Halloween. I’ve done this.
- Review costume plans with children. I need to make a dress for the Baby.