It’s List Week for the Holiday Grand Plan.
Make the following lists:
- Gifts to be given, with a budget — I’ll keep that offline and therefore secret. However, I do have some thoughts about handmade gifts. I’ll be starting those when I get home, having I trust completed the Basque Sweater.
- Christmas card list — ditto
- Visits to make — I plan to be visited rather than to visit
- Parties/Entertaining — just family, I think
- Menus for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, other parties
- Thanksgiving: turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, hot bread, salad, pie
- Christmas:cold meats and cheeses, bread and crackers, fruits and vegetables, chips, sweets
- Goodies for Sharing/Gifts — though that’s controversial
- Freezer Meals:
- beef stew
- King Ranch chicken
- Long-term shopping list divided into: canned foods, perishables for each holiday, linens and dishes, decorations, etc.
We should also clean the front porch which I will have to do when I get back to town.