This is the week to organize the master bath cupboards and drawers and well as the linen cupboard. It’s also scrubbing time for the master bath.
Then we have our holiday prep list:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies. I’m planning to make some financiers today.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. I’ll put that chicken soup into the freezer, properly labeled.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive). I don’t think I have any more canned foods on my list.
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. I’ve finished shopping for the Littles and the men. I want a duffle bag (in hopes of 2021 travel) and a cookbook (to improve staying home in 2021) for each of the offspring and their partners, and I’m well on my way with that. I need to inventory what I’ve bought and list it so I don’t go overboard.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts. I haven’t even started. I must do that today.
- Inventory clothing… With no kids in the house, I don’t really have to worry about this. I might need a holiday sweater of some kind, but with the pandemic, I might not actually see anyone over the holidays anyway.
My husband and I cleaned out the freezer.
It took one hour. Everything is organized into bins and baskets and stacked up.
We quarreled while we did this, but my husband did the whole thing so well that I got over it quickly. I guess he did, too. There are a couple of Holiday Goodies in there, but no Holiday Meals yet.
I did the linen cupboard already.
I have ordered a few organizing tools for the bathroom, but I think it may be mostly a matter of throwing things away. I have so many samples and travel sizes from years past…
There may also be some thinking. That en suite bathroom doesn’t get used much, for some reason. I don’t know why. Wouldn’t it be better to get dressed and ready in my bedroom and come out to the main part of the house all prepared for the day? Maybe it’s associated with with my first thing in the morning exercise, which I’ve definitely been doing less often anyway? Since I work out in the living room, maybe I’m already out in the main part of the house before I dress and start my day.
Maybe I should rethink that.
We’ve usually had house guests several times year, but otherwise there aren’t any other people out in the main part of the house when I get up. This morning, for example, I’m out here in my nightie and my husband is asleep in the bedroom. Today, at least, it’s better to get ready in the main bath, not the en suite bath. Maybe it would make sense to prepare both bathrooms for morning and evening routines.
Maybe I need morning and evening routines.
I guess I will be thinking and looking at Instagram and Pinterest and so forth, but mostly I will be throwing things away and scrubbing. That’s certain.