This week I’ll scrub the bathroom and sort through the cabinets and drawers. I have a feeling that this will be a big job. When I finish, the master bath will be a perfect place for self-care.
We’re also supposed to do the linen cupboard this week.
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies. I think I’ll make oatmeal cookies with cranberries and pecans.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. I’ll put another container of chili in the freezer, this one with hot dogs and buns enclosed in a storage bag.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive). I don’t use canned goods much, but I’ll get cans for food drives.
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. I think I’ll get the Little Girl’s gifts this week.
- Wrap and label packages. I will get started on this.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts. This is a must. I’ll do as many hours as possible today to get a good start on the argyle.
The rest of this week’s tasks are about children: getting outgrown toys ready for donations, listing the clothes they need for the holidays, etc. I don’t have to do these things.
I am not a good housekeeper. My mother wasn’t either. I think that’s a disadvantage. I have a system, cleaning one room a day each week so that things never get completely out of hand, but the HGP definitely helps keep me from descending into squalor.