I was busy and/or ill for most of the entry/foyer week and the living room week too, for that matter. However, I did change out the wreath on the front door yesterday.
It’s now Master Bedroom Week. We’ll clean the curtains, clear up all the piles and put them away. Dump out the drawers and clear out the jewelry box, giving away all the things that aren’t being used.
Clean under the bed and clean out the closets. Clean all the furniture and vacuum.
Honestly, this is going to be a big job.
Here are the holiday tasks for the week:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies. I’m putting a batch of Butterscotch Cutouts into the freezer.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. This will be King Ranch Chicken, also going into the freezer today.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive). I don’t use canned foods much, but I bought cranberry sauce and mandarin oranges.
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. I bought the Baby’s gifts.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Make list of any table and bathroom linens that need replacing before the holidays, and pick up a few each week. I think I’m good on linens.
I’m still not feeling well. I need to do the baking — including the sourdough feeding and baking — and cooking, but I think I will spend a lot of the day on the sofa, knitting.