I did very little work yesterday — a meeting with my girls to try to get our business plan in shape, an hour for the Aussies, emails, grading papers. Probably not more than three hours all told.
It’s Kitchen Week at the HGP. I slacked off a bit for the past two weeks, since it was Kids’ Rooms and Guest Room weeks, but my kitchen definitely needs its annual reorganizing and scrubbing. We have the ongoing stuff again:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
This is also the week to buy a pumpkin and plan Hallowe’en costumes.
And it’s the week to consider your homemade gifts, and whether they’re actually going to be ready in time. If not, it’s time to set them aside and think of something else.
We had a gorgeous fall day yesterday. The small ensemble in church went very well. I read quite a bit of Pratchett’s new book (about football, but of course that’s rugby or soccer or something, so I think I don’t get all the nuances, thought there’s a nice Shakespearean subplot) and made some progress on #2 son’s sweater, scrubbed the kitchen a bit, and didn’t go for a walk as I had planned to.
I’m beginning to get alarmed about my physical health. I can just see myself becoming a decrepit old lady. Maybe this alarm will translate to some action on my part. I woke up to a new assignment, but I’m still taking my gym bag to class, and I hope I’ll go to the gym after class. Last week on Monday, having taken some time off over the weekend, I not only skipped the gym, but also skipped rehearsal. Sometimes I think: I’m a smart, capable woman, I’ve accomplished lots of things, surely I can manage to fit regular exercise, sleep, and healthy meals into my life. How hard can it be?