It’s List Week, the first week of the Holiday Grand Plan. It’s also the last week of Seamwork Design Your Wardrobe.
I’m going to clean my porch this week and make these lists:
- Gifts to be given, amount to spend
- Christmas card list
- Menus for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, other parties
- Goodies for Sharing/Gifts. Decide how much needs to be made and divide it between the weeks from now through December 1.
- Favorite Meals of Family members for freezing ahead.
- Long-term shopping list divided into: canned foods, perishables for each holiday, linens and dishes, decorations, etc.
But mostly this is a week for sewing. I plan to take a long Labor Day weekend in my sewing room. In the evenings this week, I plan to get all the pieces cut out. Today I’m babysitting the Baby. During her naps, I will get all my planning for my Fall Collection completed, and maybe even finish organizing my fabrics.
I hope to get these pieces sewn by the end of Labor Day:
- Elle pants in navy and tan
- 2-piece print dress
- a jacklet or twinset
That’s the plan.