The guys from Mumbai gave me a bonus, which was nice of them, and I do think their site turned out well.
The KML? Not so well. I spent hours trying to get it right, and Google Earth kept taking me out to the middle of the ocean and drowning me.
I don’t plan to give up. I still have more grading to do, and I didn’t fit in the Australians, so I will be spending a lot of today at the computer, too, and I can continue making minuscule adjustments to code with no success.
How, you may be wondering, did I manage not to finish my work yesterday? Part of it was the hours on KML. But part of it was also that I quit early. I made chili and lemon cookies for me and #1 son and spent some time reading the mail order catalog that have been piling up, watching The Cashmere Mafia, and otherwise lazing around.
I like mail order catalogs, actually. It’s fun to look through them. There are weird things for sale this season, though. Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn has directions for all the little accoutrements a vamp needs, such as a pillow saying, “got blood?” and charts allowing you to declare your allegiance to Team Edward or Team Jacob.
Subtle Butt is a packet of charcoal pads you can attach to your undies to… No, I can’t finish that sentence. You can go look for yourself, if you like. Suffice it to say that one catalog I received described these as “The Perfect Stocking Stuffer!” In a fraternity house, maybe.
And who among us hasn’t wished for a device allowing us to make hot dog shaped hamburgers? I don’t have a link for this one, but believe me, it actually exists.
No doubt these ideas will help you with your holiday gift list.
It is now Kitchen Week on the HGP:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
Checkpoint Week! Evaluate Your Progress:
- If unable to find an item for a person on list contact them or their family for ideas.
- If a homemade gift is not going well, set it aside for after Christmas and decide on another gift.
- Buy pumpkin for Halloween.
- Review costume plans with children.
I’m keeping up fairly well, actually, and my kitchen definitely needs a Kitchen Week. However, if you haven’t been keeping up, you’ll be glad to know that it’s still one week to the Christmas Countdown, a simpler six week plan.
Either way, planning ahead will protect you from giving odor-neutralizing underwear to your friends and family. You’ll still have time to knit them some vampire gear instead.