No sewing yesterday, which undoes any hope of reaching a garment a week, but not any hope of completing my SWAP eventually. My jaunt lasts only a week, and should be mostly a blue jeans kind of thing, so I’m not really concerned about failing to complete my SWAP in time for the trip. Here’s what I have completed:
- two piece dress
- khaki skirt
- khaki trousers
- brown trousers
- several tops
I think I’m set.
I also think I need to buy some light hiking shoes and get them broken in before I leave, since we have several days of walking tours going on.
Yesterday I did a good amount of work, finished up all but the final lesson of the class I’m taking on advanced CSS and XHTML (last lesson: server side includes), and got partially caught up on my Amazon Vine reviews. I also frogged back the Lotus Blossom Shawl to the point where I made an egregious error and didn’t notice it, a really long time ago. Sigh.
I did some slight housework, cleaning the bathroom and tidying things up a bit, but I don’t think I can really claim to have done the master bedroom as required by the HGP. Nor did I get anything into the freezer, and I haven’t yet decided on my handmade gifts, let alone bought the materials and started making them.
This week is the master bath and the linen closet, plus these tasks:
- Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
- Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
- Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
- Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
- Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
- Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
- Take toys and books that are outgrown, clean them up and prepare them for donation to toy drives.
- Make list of toys and books that children would enjoy and that would fit in their rooms and that would work with what they have. Keep it hand for telling family what they would like.
- Inventory clothing and have another list of clothing items needed. Measure the children and put measurements on this list.
With no children at home I am exempt from a few of these things, so I will forge ahead and hope that I might get the master bedroom done at some point as well. If not, then not.