I completed the preparation of the major pattern pieces to the best of my ability, padstitching and taping and whatnot, and sewed the main pieces together. I pressed the seams — again, to the best of my ability, because they certainly aren’t crisply pressed. I worry about getting marks on the outside, though.
Be that as it may, I basted in the undercollar, and the jacket clearly has a nice roll line. I assume that when I sew the upper collar and front facings on, the collar and lapel will hold this shape.
Then I suppose I put in the sleeves and the lining and I have a jacket.
However, it has come to my attention that I didn’t make the bound buttonhole as I should have done.
I must therefore go back and do that.
The jacket fits well and I love the color. I am cautiously optimistic about the outcome.