I’m a regular breakfast eater, and it was easy to get into the habit of eating within half an hour of rising.
This week on the Balance beginner’s habit track is for eating at the right times. That means every 2-4 hours.
Here’s their example of what to eat:
- Breakfast (7 am): Egg Burrito: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites + 1/4 cup black beans + 2 tbsp salsa + 1/4 chopped avocado + 1 corn tortilla
- Snack (10 am): ½ apple (sliced) + 10 almonds
- Lunch (12:45 pm): turkey pita sandwich: 3 ounces of turkey + ¼ chopped avocado + romaine and spinach leaves + onions + tomatoes + ½ whole wheat pita + ½ red pepper (strips)
- Snack (3:30 pm): 1 low-fat string cheese + 1 cup strawberries
- Dinner (6:30 pm): Sauté 4 ounces of chicken breast + 1 tsp olive oil + chopped carrots, snow peas, diced red pepper, chopped yellow onion + 1 cup brown basmati rice
2 servings of the Evil Six, no evening snacking, and good wholesome foods most of which I have in my clean eating kitchen.
I have four meetings this week and also am back to classes on Friday. Oh, and being installed on Sunday in addition to two meetings and church. So this is a good time to see whether I can manage the new habit under stressful conditions.