I’ve had a stressful couple of days, or possibly weeks. Months? I noticed this particularly, I think, because the past couple of days I’ve also had Christmas concerts. So there I am singing about Santa and Jesus and snow (I’m oversimplifying, admittedly) and I’m not enjoying it nearly as much as I should because I’m grappling with Problems and Issues.
Clearly, we need some Christmas carol humor. Here’s the funny stuff I found:
- YTF’s Ryan has a cute video pointing out the dark side of Christmas carols.
- Straight No Chaser’s 12 Days of Christmas
- Also their Christmas Can Can
- Tom Lehrer’s Christmas Carol
- And that cartoon with the reindeer singing the Drifter’s White Christmas
True, there are elements of bitterness and snarkiness, but there it is. It’s still fun.